We manage all the processes in relation to producing a set of drawings that a building can be built from.
This can be a challenging and highly satisfying role with the manager playing a key part in the success of a building project. We are highly motivated, professional individuals and are asked to use their organisational skills to bring together architects, structural engineers and services engineers, along with specialist designers, with the aim of producing a coordinated design.
What does a Project 369 Design and Build Manager do?
- Managing a design team.
- Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, program/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design.
- Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way.
- Ensuring the design process recognizes current legislation, standards and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
What makes a good Design and Build Manager?
Design and Build Managers must be good forward planners and excellent motivators as they have to manage large teams with different goals to enable them to work together to produce a coordinated and coherent design. They need to be able to keep cool under pressure. They need good people skills, the ability present their ideas effectively and to be able to evaluate the ideas of others whilst in meetings. They need an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of a construction project and be efficient document managers